Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

There's this guy

There's this guy, we were childhood friends. He went away for a long time and one day, he came back. He was cute and all that. Tall, dark hair, toned body, and he was in a band. He went to my house one day, I was in my downright humblest clothes. I didn't know that in that moment, my whole world would change permanently.

There's this guy, he called me everyday. We talked for hours about everything. We'd go outside my house and sit under the stars while he tells me every story behind each constellation. We would finish our talk at 3 in the morning and every one of those nights would be the best night of my life. Almost everyday he'd come to my house, laughter would surround the silence in the neighborhood as we acted silly around each other knowing that the world didn't matter. Everyday he would wake me up at 6 in the morning saying "Wake up, I miss you." And going to school seemed to be not so dreadful anymore. Instantaneously, my day would lighten up. He'd constantly ask me to trust him, that he wouldn't hurt me like the others.

There's this guy, we were walking on the city streets, he slowly held my hand. I looked at him with confusion, and his smile was the sweetest smile I've seen. Just thinking about that moment still makes my lips curl up til this very day. Thinking of that moment made me remember that it was the moment I knew what I really felt, I was in love. He walked me home and it was the most beautiful walk filled with silence but my heart was secretly rejoicing. My heart was pounding really fast that I was worried he would be able to hear it.

There's this guy, the only guy who made me feel the happiest and at the same time, the most afraid. I felt the happiest because I knew what I felt was real. And for the first time in my life, I let someone in. He would hug me really tight and gently kiss my lips. He asked me one night if I've already trusted him, and for the first time, I said yes. He embraced me filled with sincerity and whispered "I love you." I instantly thought that there's no turning back. That from this day forward, I knew he would always be in my heart. Of all things, his absence made me cringe. Just thinking of him not being in my future made living a malady.

There's this guy, this guy made everything in my life seem perfect like giving up on life will never be an option. Life was so beautiful. Everything about the world made my lips curl up every time. It scared me that everything went good, that it's impossible for something this euphoric to not have it's price.

And it did.
There's this guy, he held my heart and he promise to never let it go. But what I could never understand is how he could just suddenly disappear. I could never understand how one day we were inseparable and in an instant, he was gone. My whole world crushed and fell right in front of me. He tore my heart in to pieces in such a way that no one could ever patch up again. 

There's this guy, I would have never imagined that he would be the one who'd break my heart. He was the dream that I knew that would one day come true. And he was also the nightmare I was always afraid to haunt me. But this guy, I knew was the one that got away. He was the guy that I knew from the start, would be the end of how I knew love should be. He was the guy that after he have left, would change my universe forever. 

There's this guy, we one had the most beautiful fairy tale. And they all say that when  fairy tales end, it supposed to have a happy ending. It's just sad to know that when our fairy tale ended, he found his happy ending somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment