Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tony Moly Dear Me Petite Cotton BB Cream

Today is the last day of SM's 3-day sale so my Mom and I took advantage right after hearing mass! Seriously, I can't tell you how immensely dense SM was today! I think everyone in our area was there hehehe or not. I bought 3 tops and jeans since tomorrow is our first day of the 4th semester. I was surprised to see that Watson's was also on sale (since they rarely do!) so I went straight to Tony Moly to look for a good BB cream. I've read good reviews for this Korean brand's BB cream for its price. When I got to their stall, I was so relieved to see what I was eyeing for about 2 weeks now (because for the 2 weeks that passed there were no stocks for the one that I like!).




excuse the mess!:)

This 30g bottle costs 330 pesos in regular days. Since it's on sale (if you purchase a certain amount, then 10% will be deducted!), it costs 300 na lang. Lol I know, how big of a sale! My mom bought other products from Tony Moly so I got this for that price.

From my research, this one's the most suitable for my skin type (oily skin here). The other BB creams Tony Molly offers have other treatments included so the sales lady said that those were for older buyers. The other one, the one with shimmer (Secret BB cream 02 Brighter P498), isn't recommended for people with an oily-skin type since the shimmer would add shine to your already-shiny skin. So this is a big no-no for me! Whereas the Dear Me Petite Cotton, the finish is matte.



DMPC BB cream has an SPF of 30 (which would last for about 5 hours) so this is nice since it's summer and we all know that the Philippines is tremendously hot during this season.

Upon opening the product, I noticed that the tube opening is kind of big for a creamy textured product. So I recommend to not store it standing erect (like how I did on the first picture hihi) because it will definitely spill on the cover. And we don't want to clean up mess before applying, too much hassle.

The consistency is good, not too thick since it isn't really a foundation make-up (not full coverage) so if you want to cover scars, you should apply concealer first. But basically, it blends smoothly and evenly.

I forgot to take a picture of the cream so I ripped from one of my research sources, Frozen Blossom's blog.


Even with it's light texture, it still concealed the unevenness of my skin. And as you might have read on my previous posts, I don't like using products with pungent smells. So this definitely pleased my nasal track since it smelled just like baby powder! Very light and not too fragrant. After you put on the cream on your whole face, apply powder for a nice finish.:) One downside is there isn't any other option as for the shade. There's only one shade for this variant of BB cream and it's more biased on a lighter skin tone. So if you have a darker tone, then may I suggest mixing it with a foundation of your choice!:)

Verdict: MUST BUY! This product is worthy for its low price. SPF30 is not so bad for make up. It's perfect for summer and it conceals light blemishes on the face. Perfect for everyday use since it is a Blemish Balm after all. So this is a good buy!:) Mind you that this is Tony Moly's best seller. So they don't always have it in stock everyday so grab one ASAP!

I would definitely buy this again! Have a beautiful summer, ladies!:)

xoxo,
M

2 comments:

  1. hey new follower here
    why don't you try the Secret BB cream 01 Natural then?
    I heard that one's matte, is it not?
    Also, it would be awesome if you followed my blog and helped me win this contest by entering pls><
    http://allthingsobtainable.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-cutest-make-up-giveaway-reblogged.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lin Yan, I'm sorry for the late reply. Reading your comment is very convenient now since my Tony Molly BB cream is running out! Where can I buy Secret BB cream 01 Natural, if you don't mind me asking?:)

      Delete