Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Reason for this Season

It's Maundy Thursday and what have you sacrificed for the Lord?

Being in this generation, it's tremendously hard to find what we could give to God in return for all the blessings he has given us. Small things, I think, count as big sacrifices as long as it comes with sincerity and love. Even as simple as waking up like 3 hours earlier than the usual to attend a Lenten Retreat in your community will (I think) count as your sacrifice! Hehe, ok so yeah, I think that is my grand offering, and I've given up smoking too, for this season at least.

So anyway, I got up unexpectedly early today thanks to my visitor (UGH). I woke up at 7am and I remembered that today is the first day of the Lenten Retreat. I got back to bed and I couldn't sleep. So I thought that was God telling me to attend the retreat.

I went there with my mom and tita and saw a couple of friends from high school. One of them, Jake, whom I was surprised to see since he isn't that big of a fan of God. Yes, he doesn't believe in the Almighty Father. Years back I remember trying to introduce to him the idea of having a supreme being but he and I had a falling out so I failed there. But we're in good terms now!

If you're wondering about the retreat, well here's how it looks like (from our view)


It was held at the Smart Araneta Coliseum and we were seated at the upper box b! Haha. Tickets are compliment of the sponsors and the Araneta family so admission is free! How cool is our church? Haha. Mind you that though there is no entrance fee, the place is well lit and the air conditioning was great! I mean beyond great! I was freezing up there! Which is nice since it's summer, hehe. Tomorrow we'll be back for the second day and also on Saturday. To feed your curious minds, well the retreat was very effective for me. Though I know that the lessons taught during the talk is obvious and already established, it is still very powerful to hear it from the speakers who were very enthusiastic and honest about what they were preaching. The speakers include the parish priests and other liturgical leaders.

This holy week, may we not forget why the government has allowed us a long vacation. Not only to spend time having fun with our families in Boracay, but most importantly, so we may not forget how Jesus gave his life to save us from our sins, that He is still the reason for this season. Have a happy and meaningful Lenten Season!

xoxo,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment